Almost there now .... I'd say about 80% done
Here's a list of changes in case anyone is interested (and yes, these are breaking):
- Now using Webpack for building
- Now using Ygor for tasking
- New 'osjs' tool
- ES6+ (with Babel, or anything else you might want)
- Reworked a lot of client modules
- Removed Grunt entirely
- Removed the old global
- Replaced with
- Removed internal XHR stuff (replaced with axios)
- Removed support for "simple package"
- Removed a ton of deprecated stuff
- Removed the automated installers
- Changed configuration for builds
- Changes to the templating system
- Better package localization
- VFS Mountpoint configuration changes
- GUI Shemes have beed detached a bit, making it way easier to use custom GUI libraries (Like React)
- GUI Schemes are now baked into bundles if in use
- Class-ified all server modules (where appropriate)
- A lot of cleanups
- Squashing of some old bugs
- General improvements
- Splitting of modules
- Change to esdoc (instead of jsdoc)
346 files changed, 31218 insertions(+), 44724 deletions(-)
There's probably more changes, but my notes are pretty messy, so I'll make it all good in the CHANGELOG when the time comes.
Now, I've created a module that can be imported to get almost complete backward-compability to make migration easier. I will make a complete guide for this later.
Build times might be longer now, but when using
--watch this is almost a non-issue.
This also means new manuals (which I know quite a few people have been asking for). This time it will hopefully be a lot nicer to digest
Overall, I'm quite happy with the results so far and the conversion to ES6 was a way less painful then I imagined. 10/10!